Australian East Coast Port Congestion Surcharges
1st October 2020
Dear Valued Client,
Due to the previously mentioned port congestion for shipments in and out of Sydney, both Melbourne and Brisbane ports are now also experiencing significant delays.
Shipments out of Melbourne are experiences delays of 9 days, Brisbane 10 days, and Sydney 17 days.
Due to this, many shipping lines are are now also introducing Port Congestion Charges for all shipments in and out of Australia's east coast.
The charges incurred are as follows:
- Export- USD 300.00 per TEU.
- To all except USA: From B/L date 15 October 2020.
- To USA: From cargo possession date 29th October 2020.
- Import - USD 300.00 per TEU.
- From Europe/Turkey/Israel/Southern Africa/East Africa/IPAK/Middle East: From B/L date 15 October 2020.
- From USA: From cargo possession date 29th October 2020.
Should you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff.
Freight On Board International Services Pty Ltd.